Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Accidental Parent 2

So at that point it was just you and and I who knew of your existance,next we had to tell Dad. Typical he was working at Grandads and wasn,t due home for another 48 hrs. For a while I resolved to wait till he got back,I mean its not something you blurt out over the phone.Setting fire to the kitchen is one thing but to announce imminent fatherhood is quite another,besides i wanted to make sure he came back !.

Oh My God, the parents,i had to tell my mum and dad,you,ve met them so you can imagine the sheer dread of the bomb that was about to detonate over their heads.That thought made my resolve crumble, I needed dad ,so I phoned him. I was going to be calm and merely state the facts and give him the time alone to absorb the news.The time from the discovery and then making the call was about 6 minutes.Poor dad,he was able to understand the gist of what i was saying before i collapsed in an hysterical mess.He was home within 2hrs and the moment he walked in the door ,everything was going to be ok.

No comments: